Words poetic 
These are my words, they mean something to me and hopefully something to you, the reader.... Updated and added too when I can...

Please contact me with comments or suggestions and thank you for reading my words.....

 
Back when (inspired by two other poets)

When I was only five years old, the world was three feet high,
I rode my bike across the hills just to try and reach the sky.

They say you can never go back, to re-find your childhood way,
that was then and this a now, the two worlds can't overlay.

But I go to visit, walking valleys, I ran with other boys and dogs
stepped over streams I used to jump and try to damn with logs.

I find the tree that I once climbed, with treasures there to hide,
in hollow shapes beneath the boughs, the secret place reside.

The tree seems smaller now, or taller am I to reach up so high,
I feel inside the hidden hollows for a hidden treasures to deny.

Low I have found a treasure hidden there, pulling out a rusty tin,
so resting its lid from its base, I find an old folded note within.

Though faded grey, the paper thin, the ink is still bright blue,
in my own bad handwriting just three words 'I remember you'.


bkewl.

  

Please Comment