Words poetic 
These are my words, they mean something to me and hopefully something to you, the reader.... Updated and added too when I can...

Please contact me with comments or suggestions and thank you for reading my words.....

 
The Beach

She steps out so delicately, along the shore,
her footprints there, want to tell me more,
where she is going, where she has been,
who did she speak to, what has she seen.

Sun kissed shoulders, beyond the hat brim,
the silk of her dress, softly caresses her skin,
she knows I am watching, eyes drawn there,
from pale foot soles, to her escaping hat hair.

Enthralled by her movements, almost feline,
nothing angular, her body so supple, supine,
then my vision is lost, as she steps out of site,
my sunshine has gone, it will be forever night.

But wait, she returns, towards me approached,
I stumble for words, as they catch in my throat,
then a smile, recognition, have we met before,
a face not forgotten, but grown up some more.

A childhood sweetheart, but now a woman I see,
smiling, talking, of memories, how we used to be,
then time to depart, leans, a kiss there to place,
then see the true beauty, hidden deep in her face.


bkewl.

  

Please Comment