Words poetic 
These are my words, they mean something to me and hopefully something to you, the reader.... Updated and added too when I can...

Please contact me with comments or suggestions and thank you for reading my words.....

 
The walled city

One night you crept into my sleep,
at first just weeping to one side.
Then in my dreams you did creep,
your loneliness you could not hide.

You begged for me to come to you,
all my sleeping thoughts now your own.
To escape, what else was there to do,
so I started out into a land unknown.

It took days to reach the walled city,
I camped beneath its walls that night.
Dreams filled with your words of pity,
awoke me to greet the morning light.

Looking up the at ramparts so endless,
the gates were sealed, the city alone.
No one can enter the this holy of holies,
how could I breach these walls of stone.

I looked up, then your face I could find,
mouth moving, my ears could not hear.
Then the words appeared in my mind,
'take faith in my love and do not fear'.

If I’d had wings I would fly like a dove,
I would then attain your loving heart.
Until then I will wait for you my love,
beneath your walls, I will not depart.

These gates cannot be closed forever,
at last we'll meet and be lovers at last.
Until then we will have dream together,
our time will out and our future is vast.


bkewl.

  

Please Comment