Words poetic 
These are my words, they mean something to me and hopefully something to you, the reader.... Updated and added too when I can...

Please contact me with comments or suggestions and thank you for reading my words.....

 
Leaving in the rain

You thought I was sleeping,
but my ears were awake.
I heard you make your call,
and I new it, my mistake,
that I always seem to make.

I thought it was forever,
not only for the one night.
I heard the door close softly,
saw the car pull out of sight,
I watched it pull into the night.

I stood at the window watching,
raindrops on the window pane.
I new at that moment, we would
never ever to meet again,
you were leaving in the rain.

We met so easily, we seemed
to suit each other very well.
You said that we were perfect
partners, anyone could tell,
for your lines, like a fool I fell.

Oh I listened so very gladly, for
it was all I wanted then to hear.
When it seemed the time was right,
so then I’d tried to hold you near,
kept firm, so to keep you here.

I stand at the window watching,
raindrops on the window pane.
Thinking of those few moments,
I will never see them back again,
and of you leaving in the rain.

Should I ever see you walking,
on the arm of another man.
I would have to turn, walk away,
just leave as soon as I can,
back to where it began.

Or I might tell him the truth,
behind your devious ways,
I’d tell him of a blissful night,
that’s followed by empty days,
that this one never stays.

How I stand at windows watching,
raindrops on the window pane.
Trying to hold onto those moments,
am my dreaming my life in vain,
of you ever returning with the rain.


bkewl.

  

Please Comment